Rolf Schillinger is a leading expert in the blasting field with international recognition in the explosive and blasting industry.
In addition, he is a lecturer in blasting techniques in Germany and Austria. He was a former member of the study group for Blasting Vibrations in Germany from 1992 until 1996. He has been a member of the Technical Scientific Society, Mining Association of Austria, since 1997 and was a lecturer for blasting techniques at the Department of Mineral Resources & Petroleum Engineering University of Leoben, Austria, from 1996 until 2011, and guest lecturer at the Department of Mineral Resources & Petroleum Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, in 2013.
He has conducted numerous official environmental expertise tasks commissioned by authorities, insurers, underground mines and quarries in the field of blasting works and blasting vibrations.
Rolf has also authored more than 100 technical papers in the field of blasting works, blasting vibrations and environmental protection. He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the German Society of Explosives Engineers from 1995 until 1999, and as the President of the EFEE from 1998 until 2000. At this time, he was the organiser of the 1st World Conference on Blasting Techniques, in Munich in 2000.
During this time, his main activities were concentrated around Safety and Environment and International Affairs.
According to Rolf, the philosophy for the great circle of success is based on:
Consulting – Conception – Implementation – Customer Liaison and support in Continuous Improvement.
- 1970 Blasting license surface. Independent contractor since 1972.
- 1980 Blasting license underground.
- 1989-1998 EFEE Board (European Federation Explosives Engineers).
- 1995-1999 DSV Board of Directors (German Engineers Association).
- 1998-2000 EFEE President and Organizer of the 1st World Congress for Blasting Technology, Munich, 2000.
- 1996-2003 ISEE Board of Directors (International Society of Explosives Engineers).
- 1996-2003 Chairman International ISEE Committee on Safety and Environment and International Affairs.
- 2003 International Society of Explosives Engineer’s Award for serving on the Board of Directors.